Kenneth E. Young Letter on CCC, Greenville Junction, ca. 1990
Contributed by Maine Conservation Corps
Kenneth E. Young wrote to Norman "Red" Wetherington about his experiences serving in the Civilian Conservation Corps.
He wrote about his CCC experiences stating, "...I asked to be transferred to the Appalachian Trail crew...There were about 15 of us in the crew, tenting out and working hard."
Weathering collected memories of CCC members in Maine, and coordinated CCC reunions. He is the author of "In the Public Interest: The Civilian Conservation Corps in Maine."
- Title: Kenneth E. Young Letter on CCC, Greenville Junction, ca. 1990
- Creator: Young, Kenneth E.
- Creation Date: circa 1990
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Bangor, Ellsworth, Greenville Junction, Millinocket
- County: Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 21.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Conservation Corps
124 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings