Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Employees of Boothbay Harbor's Maddocks Packing Company pose outside their workplace around the turn of the century. The 1901 Boothbay Register described Maddocks Packing Company as the biggest of its kind in Maine. At the time of the photograph, this crew cleaned, cooked, salted, canned, and processed mainly sardines. On the far left with a beard (third row) is Isaac Farnham and in the top right corner is Clifton Hartung.
About This Item
- Title: Maddocks Packing Co. employees, Boothbay Harbor, ca. 1900
- Creator: F.H. McDougall, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Boothbay Harbor
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.4 cm x 23.7 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Employees--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Fishing industry--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Fish drying--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Canneries--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Cannery workers--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Boothbay Region Historical Society
PO Box 272, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.