Contributed by Maine Conservation Corps
Rollins B. Kelley wrote to Norman "Red" Wetherington about his experiences serving in the Civilian Conservation Corps. He served in the CCC's, Princeton Camp.
He wrote, "I learned that wrestling is a lot different than Boxing. I got my nose broken."
Weathering collected memories of CCC members in Maine, and coordinated CCC reunions. He is the author of "In the Public Interest: The Civilian Conservation Corps in Maine."
About This Item
- Title: Rollins B. Kelley Letter on CCC, Beals, 1985
- Creator: Kelley, Rollins B.
- Creation Date: 1985-04-25
- Subject Date: 1933 - 1942
- Town: Bar Harbor, Beals, East Machias, Farmingdale, Newport
- County: Hancock, Kennebec, Washington
- State: ME, RI
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 21.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Civilian Conservation Corps
- Fish hatchery
- Grand Lake Stream
- Great Depression
- Princeton Camp
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Conservation Corps
124 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.