Contributed by Maine Conservation Corps
Jean P. Ouellette wrote to Norman "Red" Wetherington about his experiences serving in the Civilian Conservation Corps.
He wrote about why he joined. He said, "At the time I was only a ninety-five pound weakling."
Ouellette (1923-2007) from Upper Frenchville, served in the CCC in Bar Harbor. He later became a painting contractor. He studied at Wagner School of Sign Painting.
Weathering collected memories of CCC members in Maine, and coordinated CCC reunions. He is the author of "In the Public Interest: The Civilian Conservation Corps in Maine."
About This Item
- Title: Jean P. Ouellette Letter on CCC, Upper Frenchville, 1985
- Creator: Ouellette, Sr., Jean Paul
- Creation Date: 1985-04-24
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bar Harbor, Southwest Harbor, Upper Frenchville
- County: Aroostook, Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 21.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Conservation Corps
124 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.