Contributed by Portland Water District
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In 1908 the Portland Water District acquired the Portland Water Company and their shops at 183-201 Kennebec Street in Portland. This photograph was taken outside the garage and shops (which included the meter department and the laboratory) on Kennebec Street and features the Portland Water District's touring cars and trucks, as well as the employees who drove them.
In 1928, the garage and shops were moved to the newly constructed facility at 225 Douglass Street.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Water District Kennebec Street Garage, 1919
- Creation Date: 1919
- Subject Date: 1919
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 25.5 cm
- Local Code: L1-22
- Collection: Large Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec Street (Portland, Me.)
- Business enterprises--Maine--Portland
- Municipal services--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Portland Water District
225 Douglass St., Portland, ME 04104
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.