Contributed by Walker Memorial Library
Bragdon Bros. Shoe store was owned by Ermest and Clifford Bragdon. The business began on Bridge Street in the 1890s before moving to Main Street, near the Vallee Pharmacy and ultimately closed sometime between 1898 and 1904.
In the 1897 city directory, a full page advertisement boasts "The finest lines and largest assortment of footwear in Westbrook, for everybody's feet, can be found at Bragdon Bros." The three gentlemen pictured are left to right, Ernest Bragdon, Mr. Jackson and William Bragdon.
About This Item
- Title: Bragdon Bros. Shoe Store, Westbrook, ca. 1898
- Creation Date: circa 1898
- Subject Date: circa 1898
- Westbrook, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Notebook 5, page 5
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Westbrook
- Business people--Maine--Westbrook
- Shoe industry--Maine--Westbrook
For more information about this item, contact:Walker Memorial Library
800 Main Street, Westbrook, ME 04092
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.