Contributed by Waldoboro Fire Department
The "Medomak" is a Hunneman pumper engine purchased second-hand in Boston in 1846, and paid for by subscription of Waldoboro residents.
The engine was brought by coaster, landed on the ice, and hauled to the village. Its purchase price was guaranteed by the signatures of twenty-seven local men.
The engine is housed at the Waldoboro Historical Society Museum.
About This Item
- Title: Fire Engine 2, 'Medomak,' Waldoboro, ca. 1846
- Creation Date: circa 1846
- Subject Date: circa 1846
- Town: Waldoboro
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: wood and wrought iron
- Dimensions: 127 cm x 101.6 cm x 198 cm
- Local Code: Engine Medomak
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Waldoboro Fire Department
1600 Atlantic Avenue, PO Box J, Waldoboro, ME 04572
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.