Contributed by Mount Desert Island Historical Society
This log book provides a record, with photographs, for the summer of 1881, as observed by the Champlain Society.
The Champlain Society was a nature club comprised of Harvard undergraduates that were interested in observing and documenting the natural science of Mount Desert Island. Some of the topics the group studied include botany, ornithology, meteorology, entomology, and geology.
About This Item
- Title: Champlain Society Camp log, Mount Desert Island, 1881
- Creation Date: 1881
- Subject Date: 1881
- Location: Mount Desert Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper with photographs
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Organizations--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Clubs--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Camping--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Harvard University
For more information about this item, contact:Mount Desert Island Historical Society
PO Box 653, 353 Sound Drive, Mount Desert, ME 04660
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.