Contributed by Maine Irish Heritage Center
A complimentary ticket to the Biddeford Light Infantry Masquerade Ball held in Biddeford on Christmas Eve 1877 was issued to C.A. Weston.
Weston was a member of the all-Irish Maine volunteer militia, the Portland Montgomery Guards.
The printing on the ticket reads in part, "Grand Masquerade Ball, Biddeford Light Infantry, at City Hall, Biddeford, Christmas eve, 24, 1877. Complimentary C.A. Weston."
About This Item
- Title: Biddeford Light Infantry Grand Masquerade Ball ticket, Biddeford, 1877
- Creation Date: 1877
- Subject Date: 1877-12-24
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 7.6 cm
- Collection: Foss MMG Ephemeria
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Irish Heritage Center
PO Box 7588, 34 Gray Street, Portland, ME 04112-7588
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Irish Americans--Maine--Biddeford
- Dance parties--Maine--Biddeford
- Irish American soldiers
- Maine. Volunteer Militia
- Biddeford City Hall
- Biddeford Light Infantry
- Maine Volunteer Militia
- Portland Irish
- Portland Montgomery Guards
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.