Contributed by Maine Irish Heritage Center
The Irish American Relief Association held its 6th Anniversary Ball in Portland on March 29, 1869.
This ticket reads, "I.A.R.A. Sixth Anniversary Ball, at City Hall, Monday Evening, March 29th, 1869. Tickets one dollar. Admit gentleman and ladies."
About This Item
- Title: Irish relief event ticket, Portland, 1869
- Creation Date: 1869
- Subject Date: 1869-03-29
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 6.4 cm x 8.9 cm
- Collection: Foss MMG Ephemera
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Irish Heritage Center
PO Box 7588, 34 Gray Street, Portland, ME 04112-7588
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dance halls--Maine--Portland
- Maine. Volunteer Militia
- Dance parties--Maine--Portland
- Irish Americans--Maine--Portland
- Irish American soldiers
- Relief (Aid)--Maine--Portland
- Irish American Relief Association
- Maine Volunteer Militia
- Portland City Hall
- Portland Irish
- Portland Montgomery Guards
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.