Contributed by Maine Irish Heritage Center
The Portland Montgomery Guards, of Irish heritage, and the Providence Meagher Guards held a Grand Military Entertainment event in Portland on May 19, 1882.
The event included military exercises and dancing with music provided by Chandler’s and Reeves’ Brass Bands.
About This Item
- Title: Montgomery Guards and Meagher Guards event program, Portland, 1882
- Creator: Harris & Williams
- Creation Date: 1882-05-19
- Subject Date: 1882-05-19
- Town: Portland, Providence
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, RI
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 10.2 cm
- Collection: Foss MMG Ephemera
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Irish Americans--Maine--Portland
- Dance parties--Maine--Portland
- Maine. Volunteer Militia
- Dance halls--Maine--Portland
- Irish American soldiers
- Chandler’s Military Band
- Maine Volunteer Militia
- Portland Irish
- Portland Montgomery Guards
- Providence Meagher Guards
- Reeves’ Brass Band
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Irish Heritage Center
PO Box 7588, 34 Gray Street, Portland, ME 04112-7588
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.