Contributed by Raymond H. Fogler Library
St. John's Catholic Church appears in the background of this photograph. Many of the buildings in the foreground were torn down in the late 1970s as a part of an urban renewal movement in Bangor. The letters marking an entrance to the Bangor Rye Bread Bakery are just visible on a building on the left side of the photograph.
About This Item
- Title: Buildings along Hancock Street, Bangor, ca. 1976
- Creation Date: circa 1976
- Subject Date: circa 1976
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: MS0106_b03_f011_003
- Collection: William S. Cohen Papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hancock Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Business enterprises--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of ME; 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.