Contributed by Raymond H. Fogler Library
These several buildings on Hancock Street in Bangor, Maine, were demolished as a part of an urban renewal project in the late 1970s. The photograph is included in the William S. Cohen papers and the reverse is labeled in handwriting, "Hancock Street 'Birth House.'" The removal of the buildings was the subject of one of Cohen's poems titled "Hancock Street," published in Of Sons and Seasons by Simon and Schuster in 1978.
About This Item
- Title: Hancock Street buildings, Bangor, ca. 1976
- Creation Date: circa 1976
- Subject Date: circa 1976
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: MS0106_b03_f11_001
- Collection: William S. Cohen Papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cohen, William S.--Birthplaces
- Hancock Street (Bangor, Me.)
- Apartment houses--Maine--Bangor
For more information about this item, contact:Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of ME; 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.