Contributed by Berwick Historical Society
This postcard shows the bridge that spans the Salmon Falls River between Somersworth New Hampshire, on the left, and Berwick Maine, on the right. The buildings on the left side of the bridge comprise Somersworth's business district. The large building on the right side of the bridge is Grant's Hotel, in Berwick. The hotel was established in 1873 and was demolished in the 1940's.
About This Item
- Title: Salmon Falls River Bridge, Berwick, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Berwick, Somersworth
- County: York
- State: ME, NH
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 13.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bridges--New Hampshire--Somersworth
- Business enterprises--Maine--Berwick
- Business enterprises--New Hampshire--Somersworth
- Salmon Falls River (N.H. and Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Berwick Historical Society
PO Box 904, Berwick, ME 03901
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.