Contributed by Skowhegan History House
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Looking east from north channel bridge. Car from Norridgewock on traction line is just starting down toward its terminal at the Heselton House. Wooden building on left is Sampson's corner. This was destroyed by fire September 2, 1907. Coburn Hall shows farther down the street."
~Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views, 1929
About This Item
- Title: Water Street, Skowhegan, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: 17.099.2
- Collection: Henry A. Wyman Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Electric railroads--Maine--Skowhegan
- Skowhegan (Me.)--Description and views--Photographs
- Water St. (Skowhegan, Me.)--Photographs
- Coburn Hall Sampson
- Heselton House
- north channel bridge
- Sampson's corner
- September 2, 1907
- traction line
- Water Street
For more information about this item, contact:Skowhegan History House
66 Elm Street, PO Box 832, Skowhegan, ME 04976
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.