Contributed by Monson Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) in Monson held a Memorial Service for Revolutionary War Veteran Barnabas Jackson on August 29, 1954. Participating in the event were family members and members of the Tisbury Manor Chapter of the DAR.
Pictured here from left to right are: Norman Jackson, Clifton and Clayton Jackson, Earle Jackson, Bernice Young, Genevieve Beckwith, Grace Jackson, Beatrix Bray, Elena Quillian and in the front with the wreath Dexter Jackson, son of Clayton.
Also buried in this lot is Barnabas Jackson's wife, Lydia Jackson. The Tisbury Manor Chapter of the DAR was organized in Monson November 5, 1952 and continues to be an active chapter today (2013).
About This Item
- Title: Memorial Service for Revolutionary War Veteran, Monson, 1954
- Creation Date: 1954-08-29
- Subject Date: 1954-08-29
- Location: Monson, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.5 cm x 24.4 cm
- Local Code: MHS-103-056
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Daughters of the American Revolution (Monson, Me.)--People
- Maine--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- United States. Army--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--Revolution, 1775-1783
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- Jackson, Norman
- Jackson, Clifford
- Jackson, Clayton
- Jackson, Earle
- Young, Bernice
- Beckwith, Genevieve
- Jackson, Grace
- Bray, Beatrix
- Quillian, Elena
- Jackson, Dexter
For more information about this item, contact:Monson Historical Society
PO Box 308, Monson, ME 04464
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.