Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Ski jumper flying off a wooden structure built for the 1924 Winter Carnival in Portland, Maine. This ski jump was built by skier Birger Olsen on the Western Promenade. More than 5,000 spectators came to see this event.
About This Item
- Title: Ski jumper in Portland, 1924
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.7369 (print: Photographs--Portland--Winter Carnival)
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- 1924 Winter Carnival (Portland, Me.)
- Ski jumping--Maine--Portland
- Winter carnivals--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.