Contributed by Abbe Museum
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at George Stevens Academy. Learn more.
Visitors to the Wabanaki encampments on Mount Desert Island could purchase baskets in a myriad of shapes, sizes and forms.
Comb baskets or wall pockets would be hung on the wall to hold a Victorian lady's combs or other personal items.
About This Item
- Title: Comb basket, Wabanaki, ca. 1900
- Creator: Wabanaki
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Media: ash splints, sweetgrass, dye
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 25.5 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: 2002-16-091
- Collection: Peter Smith Terry Collection, Gift of Unity College
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Abbe Museum
26 Mount Desert Street, PO Box 286, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.