Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Corner Candy Store Main Street, Bridgton.
This tax record is for a commercial building owned by Edward C. Abbott at the time of the survey, ca. 1938. The name Edward C. Abbott appears beneath a sticker affixed at some point after the original survey. The sticker has the name Edward C. Hall, Jr. on it, suggesting that was a future owner. The sign on the building reads "Corner Candy Store." The card also references a deed dated 1955; this is not the date of the photograph. The current address (2016) is 55 Main St.
About This Item
- Title: Corner Candy Store, Main Street, Bridgton, ca. 1938
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper and photograph
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Card 567, Main Street
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessors Records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Tax assessment--Maine--Bridgton
- Business enterprises--Maine--Bridgton
- Real property--Maine--Bridgton
- Main Street (Bridgton, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.