Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The State Theater on Main Street in Bridgton.
This Commercial building was owned by C.F. Milllett at the time of the survey, ca. 1938. The card was updated at an unkown time with the addition of the name Alberta Millett. The card references a deed dated 1935; this is not the date of the photograph. At the time of the survey, the building housed the State Theater and DeWitt's Barber Shop. The building was built in 1935, and the theater operated until the late 1960s. The roof collapsed under the weight of a heavy wet snow in March, 1969.
About This Item
- Title: State Theater, Main Street, Bridgton, ca. 1938
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper and photograph
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Card 623, State Theater, 78 Main
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessors Records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Tax assessment--Maine--Bridgton
- Business enterprises--Maine--Bridgton
- Real property--Maine--Bridgton
For more information about this item, contact:Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.