Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Socony Station, Main Street, Bridgton.
This is the tax record for a commercial structure owned by Alton C. Maxim (or Maxium, the correct spelling is not known) and operated as a Socony brand gasoline station at the time of the survey, ca. 1938. This is the second of two cards, with different photographs, that relates to this property. The card was updated at an unknown later date to reflect ownership by Socony-Vacuum Oil Co.
About This Item
- Title: Socony Station alternate view, Main Street, Bridgton, ca. 1938
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper and photograph.
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Card 573 Socony Station, Main St (Card 2)
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessors Records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Bridgton
- Real property--Maine--Bridgton
- Tax assessment--Maine--Bridgton
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.