Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Socony Station on Main Street in Bridgton Maine.
This is the tax record for a commercial structure owned by Alton C. Maxium (or Maxim, the correct spelling is unclear) and operated as a Socony brand gasoline station at the time of the survey, ca. 1938.
There is another card, with a different photograph, that relates to this same property. This card was updated at an unknown later date to reflect ownership by Socony-Vacuum Oil Co. The card references a deed dated 1921; this is not the date of the photograph.
About This Item
- Title: Socony Station, Main Street, Bridgton, ca. 1938
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper and photograph
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Card 571 Socony Station Main St (Card 1)
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessors Records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Bridgton
- Real property--Maine--Bridgton
- Tax assessment--Maine--Bridgton
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Bridgton
- Main Street (Bridgton, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.