Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"The Thomes "Universal" woodworking machine is being used here to make a large wooden gear pattern in the Portland Company's woodworking or pattern shop in Portland, Maine. Gears of all sizes and in large numbers were produced by the Portland Company." - Fletcher, David, H. 'The Portland Company 1846-1982. Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub., 2002. 117. The company was in business from 1846-1982.
About This Item
- Title: Thomes Universal woodworking machine
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Local Code: Coll. 242, B40b 11-14
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Iron and steel industries
- Portland Company--Interiors--Equipment
- Metalworking industries--Maine--Portland
- Manufacturing industries--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.