Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles E. Thompson owned this Esso gas station, located at 1-3 Maine Street Bridgton.
This tax record is for a commercial building owned by Charles E. Thompson at the time of the survey, around 1938. The card was updated at an unknown time with the addition of the name Aldrich Realty, Norway Maine.
The card references a deed dated 1926, but this is not the date of the photograph. Signs on the building also say "Hilltop Hudson Terraplane" and "International Terraplane," and "International Hudson," referring to brands of motor vehicles sold and serviced. There is a poster from the State Theater in the corner of the window. The current address (2016) is 7 Main St.
About This Item
- Title: Charles E. Thompson Esso Station, 1-3 Maine Street, Bridgton, ca. 1938
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Card 556 1-3 Main
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessor's Records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Bridgton
- Business enterprises--Maine--Bridgton
- Real property--Maine--Bridgton
- Tax assessment--Maine--Bridgton
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.