Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at South Bristol School. Learn more.
This varsity letter of South Bristol High School dates to the 1950s. Participation on the school's softball, baseball, or basketball teams, or on the cheer leading squad, earned one a varsity letter. With a shrinking student body, South Bristol High School closed in 1963. The building is now, as of 2013, a private home.
About This Item
- Title: Varsity letter, South Bristol, ca. 1955
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Local Name: Rutherford Island
- Town: South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: yarn, cloth, thread
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: 2000.07
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Varsity lettermen's clubs
- Athletic clubs--Maine--South Bristol
- Sports--Maine--South Bristol
- Ephemera--Maine--South Bristol
- Schools--Maine--South Bristol
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.