Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at South Bristol School. Learn more.
This photograph is likely a class portrait of the twenty students of varying ages that attended the one-room S Road School (aka Roosevelt School) around 1923.
The teacher was Afton Farrin (1885-1949), who had attended South Bristol schools himself. The only two students identified in the photograph are Alys Poole (left and below teacher) and Clifton Poole (front row, second from right), ancestors of the donor.
About This Item
- Title: S Road School class, South Bristol, ca. 1923
- Creation Date: circa 1923
- Subject Date: circa 1923
- Town: South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: 1000.30
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Children--Maine--South Bristol
- Group portrait
- One-room schools--Maine--South Bristol
- Schools--Maine--South Bristol
- Students--Maine--South Bristol
- Teachers--Maine--South Bristol
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.