Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Visit the Longfellow House and Garden" poster was created by the Works Progress Administration Maine Art Project.
The Wadsworth-Longfellow House in Portland was the childhood home of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and was left to the Maine Historical Society by his sister Anne Longfellow Pierce following her death in 1901.
About This Item
- Title: Visit the Longfellow House poster, ca. 1935
- Creator: Maine Art Project
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Poster
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: 1992.263
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Maine Historical Society (Portland, Me.)
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House--Exteriors
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Me.)
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland.
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)--Posters
- Longfellow Garden (Portland, Me.)
- United States. Works Progress Administration. Maine Art Project--Poster
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.