Contributed by Leeds Historical Society
The second floor of the Leeds Grange, Lodge #99 was used as a performance stage, meeting hall, and graduation location for most of the one-room schoolhouses in Leeds between 1887 and 1960.
The stage curtain is now at the Monmouth Museum in Monmouth.
About This Item
- Title: Leeds Grange Hall stage, 1975
- Creator: LaVallee, Roland
- Creation Date: 1975
- Subject Date: 1975
- Local Name: Leeds Center
- Town: Leeds
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Collection: LaVallee photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine State Grange. Leeds Grange No. 99 (Leeds, Me.)
- Stages (Platforms)--Maine--Leeds
- Theater curtains--Maine--Leeds
- Maine State Grange
- Farmers' groups--Maine--Leeds
For more information about this item, contact:Leeds Historical Society
553 North Road, Leeds, ME 04263
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.