Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This view of Main Street in Dixfield, ca. 1890, shows three of the major business of the day. First on the left is Barrett & Smith Meat, Groceries, and Provisions. Second is the famous brick H. G. Harlow Block, and third is the National House Hotel. Two horse and buggies are pictured and hitching posts line both sides of the street. None of these buildings exist in 2013.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Dixfield, ca. 1890
- Creator: Disfield Historical Society
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 11.7 cm
- Local Code: 2013-31
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Reference Photograph Collection #058
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Dixfield
- Main Street (Dixfield, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Dixfield Historical Society
59 Main Street, PO Box 182, Dixfield, ME 04224
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.