Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
According to a 1942 course catalog, a student activity fee was collected from each student "to enable the school to provide for every student the advantages of extra-class activities." The funds were divided among the college's athletic, musical, dramatic, literary, and social organizations. The Student Activities Card gained admittance to all programs and activities, as well as entitling the student to a copy of all F.S.N.S. publications: the student handbook, student address book, monthly newsletter, and the yearbook.
In 1942, the per semester activity fee was $5.00 for women, and $5.50 for men - no explanation was given for the fifty cent difference.
About This Item
- Title: Student Activities Card, Farmington State Normal School, 1942
- Creator: Farmington State Normal School
- Creation Date: 1942
- Subject Date: 1942
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 6.25 cm x 11 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- University of Maine at Farmington
- Student organizations--Maine--Farmington
- Farmington State Normal School
- Student activities
- University of Maine Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.