Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In 1896 at High Head in Harpswell, a Cadet training camp was held during which this entertainer visited and presumably performed for the cadets. Many of the cadets were from Portland High School. This musician is holding an autoharp.
About This Item
- Title: Cadet training camp musician, Harpswell, 1896
- Creator: Freeman, Harold Miles
- Creation Date: 1896
- Subject Date: 1896
- Local Name: High Head
- Town: Harpswell
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1920, Box 1/21 #42
- Collection: Harry Miles Freeman photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- African American entertainers--Maine--Harpswell
- African American musicians--Maine--Harpswell
- African Americans--Maine--Harpswell--Photographs
- Military cadets--Maine
- Military education
- Military training camps
- Military training--1890-1900
- Portland High School
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.