Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Fred G. Milliken, photographer and story writer for the Atlantic Fisherman magazine, wrote on the back of this photograph, "One of many smoked herring fish plants. Barrels used for shipping fresh fish with ice. Small smoked herring put up in paper."
About This Item
- Title: Barrels of fresh fish, Eastport, ca. 1930
- Creator: Milliken, Fred G.
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1670, Env. 2
- Collection: Atlantic Fisherman correspondence, photographs, and news articles
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canning industry--Maine--Eastport
- Fishing industry--Maine--Eastport
- Piers and wharves--Maine--Eastport
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.