Contributed by Mount Desert Island Historical Society
This W.H. Ballard image is a classic photo of the steamship Mount Desert, that ferried passengers between Mount Desert Island and Rockland. The vessel was built in 1879 in Bath, and listed its home port as Rockland, with D. Robinson its master.
About This Item
- Title: Steamship "Mount Desert," leaving Southwest Harbor, ca. 1900
- Creator: W. H. Ballard
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Southwest Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: MDIHSjpg97559728
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Mount Desert Island Historical Society
PO Box 653, 353 Sound Drive, Mount Desert, ME 04660
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.