Contributed by Mount Desert Island Historical Society
An early 20th century photograph of the Thaddeus Shepley Somes' store located on Main Street in Somesville, next to the Mount Desert House. The Thaddeus Shepley Somes store was one of many enterprises owned and managed by the Somes family from the founding of Somesville in 1761 until the first decades of the twentieth century.
Handwriting on the back of the photograph reads: "Store next to brook on T S Somes property." There is additional writing on the back of the photograph which is illegible.
About This Item
- Title: Village Store and Homes, Somesville, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Location: Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 13.5 cm
- Local Code: MDIHSjpg997293458
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Somesville
- Main Street (Somesville, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Mount Desert Island Historical Society
PO Box 653, 353 Sound Drive, Mount Desert, ME 04660
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.