Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image shows a crew building the boom pier on the Androscoggin River, above the upper dam in East Rumford.
Boom piers were constructed to separate logs that were being floated down a river to go to the different mills along the Androscoggin river.
About This Item
- Title: Boom pier construction, Rumford, 1893
- Creator: Rumford Falls Power Company
- Creation Date: 1893
- Subject Date: 1893
- Local Name: Rumford Area Historical Society
- Town: Rumford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 20.32 cm
- Collection: Rumford Falls Power Company Photographic Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- People associated with manual labor--Maine--Rumford
- Lumber industry--Maine--Rumford
For more information about this item, contact:Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
145 Congress Street, Rumford, ME 04276
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.