Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image shows a crew building the boom pier on the Androscoggin River, above the upper dam in East Rumford.
Boom piers were constructed to separate logs that were being floated down a river to go to the different mills along the Androscoggin river.
About This Item
- Title: Boom pier construction, Rumford, 1893
- Creator: Rumford Falls Power Company
- Creation Date: 1893
- Subject Date: 1893
- Local Name: Rumford Area Historical Society
- Town: Rumford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 20.32 cm
- Collection: Rumford Falls Power Company Photogranphic collection at Rumford Area Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
145 Congress Street, Rumford, ME 04276
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- People associated with manual labor--Maine--Rumford
- Lumber industry--Maine--Rumford
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.