Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Admiral Charles C. Carpenter shown at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery while prisoners of war from the Spanish-American war were held there.
He was a lieutenant commander in the Union Navy and was Navy Yard Commandant at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard from 1890-1896, when he retired.
About This Item
- Title: Admiral Charles C. Carpenter, Kittery, 1898
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1898
- Local Name: Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
- Town: Kittery, Portsmouth
- County: Rockingham, York
- State: ME, NH
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 562
- Collection: Kittery Naval Yard photographs
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Prisoners and prisons--Photographs
- Carpenter, Charles C.--Photographs
- United States--History--War with Spain, 1898
- Prisoners of war--Spain
- Prisoners of war--United States--Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (U.S.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.