Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Admiral Charles C. Carpenter shown at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery while prisoners of war from the Spanish-American war were held there.
He was a lieutenant commander in the Union Navy and was Navy Yard Commandant at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard from 1890-1896, when he retired.
About This Item
- Title: Admiral Charles C. Carpenter, Kittery, 1898
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1898
- Local Name: Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
- Town: Kittery, Portsmouth
- County: Rockingham, York
- State: ME, NH
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 562
- Collection: Kittery Naval Yard photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Prisoners and prisons--Photographs
- Carpenter, Charles C.--Photographs
- United States--History--War with Spain, 1898
- Prisoners of war--Spain
- Prisoners of war--United States--Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (U.S.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.