Contributed by Dover-Foxcroft Historical Society
This town report was written for the town of Dover, probably the first town settled in Piscataquis County (about 1800). It was incorporated in 1821, the same year as the neighboring town of Foxcroft. In 1915 the Legislature passed an act authorizing the union of the towns of Dover and Foxcroft, which the town of Foxcroft immediately voted to approve. It took until March 1, 1922 for Dover to gather the necessary votes, and the two officially became Dover-Foxcroft. The report contains information about such things as town employees, welfare and the school system.
About This Item
- Title: Report of the Selectmen of the Town of Dover, 1866-1867
- Creator: Selectmen of the Town of Dover
- Creation Date: 1867
- Subject Date: 1867
- Town: Dover-Foxcroft
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: paper
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Dover-Foxcroft Historical Society
10 Orchard Road, Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dover-Foxcroft (Me.)
- Municipal officials and employees--Maine--Dover-Foxcroft
- Town reports--Piscataquis County--Dover-Foxcroft
- Dover-Foxcroft (Me.)--Officials and employees
- Town reports--Maine--Dover-Foxcroft
- Municipal government publications--Maine--Dover-Foxcroft
- Dover-Foxcroft (Me.)--Politics and government
- Dover-Foxcroft (Me.)--Appropriations and expenditures
- Town, Obed
- Town, Ezra
- Vaughn, B. B.
- Woodbury, C. H.B.
- Pullen, S. G.
- Brown, Owen
- Robinson, John S.
- Robinson, M. S.
- Harvey, A. B.
- Woodward, Oscar
- Rogers, L. A.
- Wiggins, S. S.
- annual report
- Appropriations and expenditures
- Municipal government
- Municipal government publications
- Municipal officials and employees
- Officials and employees
- Piscataquis County
- Politics and government
- school funding
- town governmentDover-Foxcroft (Me.)
- town report
- Town reports
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.