Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
'Canoeing is great sport-Great Lake, Belgrade' is the caption on this photograph. Taken on Great Pond, ca. 1910, perhaps these girls are campers at Camp Abena.
This is part of a collection of photographs that include scenes of Mt. Desert Island, Porcupine Island, Eggemoggin Reach to Rockland in Penobscot Bay and the Belgrade Lakes region of Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Canoeing, Great Lake, Belgrade
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Great Pond
- Town: Belgrade Lakes
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 560, #1207
- Collection: Maine photograph album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Camp Abena (Belgrade Lakes, Me.)--Photographs
- Camps--Maine--Belgrade Lakes
- Canoes and canoeing--Maine--Great Pond
- Great Pond (Belgrade Lakes, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.