Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah Sampson of Bath, who had been a nurse during the Civil War and who was a founder of the Maine Military and Naval Children's Home in Bath, wrote to George F. Shepley, a Civil War veteran and lawyer in Portland, to thank him for his donation to the home.
She invited Shepley to visit and told him that part of the letter he wrote to accompany his donation would appear in the newspaper.
About This Item
- Title: Letter of thanks for donation for orphans, Bath, 1868
- Creator: Sarah Sampson
- Creation Date: 1868-08-26
- Subject Date: 1868
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Bath, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 117, Box 4/8
- Collection: George Foster Shepley papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Shepley, George F. (George Foster), 1860-1903--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.