Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Fred G. Milliken, the photographer wrote, "Regulation lobster traps used by Frontier Maine fishermen at Eastport. Very few Eastport boatmen take to lobster fishing and less than 100 traps are owned at 4 mile island seaport. These traps are valued at $2.00 each.'
This is part of the Atlantic Fisherman collection: correspondence, photographs and news articles to and from the Atlantic Fisherman, a journal concerned with commercial fishing.
About This Item
- Title: Lobster traps and women, 1937
- Creator: Milliken, Fred G.
- Creation Date: 1937-04-26
- Subject Date: 1937-04-26
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1670
- Collection: Atlantic Fisherman correspondence, photographs, and news articles
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing industry--Maine--Eastport
- Lobster fisheries--Maine--Eastport
- Lobster traps--1930-1940--Maine--Eastport--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.