Contributed by Town of Topsham
The Androscoggin Veteran Fire Association Muster Team of Topsham participated in a fire muster competition on September 2, 1950 in Gardner, Massachusetts using the Androscoggin No. 2 hand engine. This is the platform, made of wooden pallets, used to measure the length of the water stream during the competition. The team with the longest water stream won the competition; the drop of water furthest from the start, and larger than a small coin, indicated the winner.
About This Item
- Title: Fire muster stream platform, Gardner, Massachusetts, 1950
- Creation Date: 1950-09-02
- Subject Date: 1950-09-02
- Town: Gardner
- County: Worcester
- State: MA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: 2000-07-13al
- Collection: Androscoggin Veterans Fire Association Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Firefighting equipment--Massachusetts--Gardner
- Fire engines--Massachusetts--Gardner
- Fire fighters--Massachusetts--Gardner
For more information about this item, contact:Town of Topsham
Topsham Historical Comm., Town Hall, 100 Main Street, Topsham, ME 04086
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.