Contributed by Town of Topsham
The hose wagon of the Androscoggin Fire Company is pictured outside its first engine house at Quint's Stables in Topsham. The leather hose was used with the hand pumper Androscoggin No. 2. The weight of the hose required separate transportation.
About This Item
- Title: Hose Wagon, Androscoggin Fire Company, Topsham, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Town: Topsham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: 2000-07-13j
- Collection: Androscoggin Veterans Fire Association Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire engines--Maine--Topsham
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Topsham
- Fire fighters--Maine--Topsham
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Topsham
For more information about this item, contact:Town of Topsham
Topsham Historical Comm., Town Hall, 100 Main Street, Topsham, ME 04086
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.