Contributed by Blake Library Special Collections
This aerial image shows the Fort Kent State Teachers College campus along the Fish River. Included are (clockwise, from top) Cyr Hall (administrative offices and classrooms), the Fort Kent Armory, Crocker Hall (men's dormitory), Fort Kent High School, Blake Library, and Dickey Hall (women's dormitory).
The Madawaska Training School of Fort Kent was founded in 1878. The institution saw a number of name changes: Fort Kent State Normal School in 1955, Fort Kent State Teachers College in 1961, Fort Kent State College in 1966, and finally the University of Maine at Fort Kent in 1970.
About This Item
- Title: Fort Kent State Teachers College campus, 1963
- Creator: University of Maine at Fort Kent
- Creation Date: 1963
- Subject Date: 1963
- Town: Fort Kent
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Univ. MS 3 1.5
- Collection: University of Maine at Fort Kent collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- University of Maine at Fort Kent
- Aerial photographs--Maine--Fort Kent
- Buildings--Maine--Fort Kent
- Schools--Maine--Fort Kent
- University of Maine at Fort Kent--Aerial views
For more information about this item, contact:Blake Library Special Collections
23 University Drive, Fort Kent, ME 04743
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.