Contributed by Greater Portland Landmarks
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Waynflete. More info about student projects.
The American Clothing Co. was located at 225 Middle Street in Portland . The shop displays their motto, "Home of Good Values," on a sign in the front.
The American Clothing Company opened its doors in 1902 on on Middle Street across from the Flatiron Building in Portland but later moved onto Congress Street at the corner of Center Street.
About This Item
- Title: American Clothing Co., Portland
- Creator: Superior Quality
- Creation Date: 1912
- Subject Date: 1912
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13.5 cm x 8.5 cm
- Local Code: P2
- Collection: Historic Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores & shops--Maine--Portland
- Business enterprises--Maine--Portland
- Middle Street (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Greater Portland Landmarks
93 High Street, Portland, ME 04101-3797
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.