Contributed by Hartland Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Somerset County citizens at the Hartland Fair.
The Somerset fairgrounds, which included a racetrack/trotting park and exhibit hall, were located south of Route 23, also known as the Canaan Road in Hartland. The fair was operated by the East Somerset Agricultural Society and ran from about 1832 to 1923. While the fair originally ran for two days in October it was soon moved to early September.
About This Item
- Title: East Somerset Agricultural Society fair, Hartland, ca. 1890
- Creator: Hartland Historical Society
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Hartland
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.44 cm x 13.11 cm
- Local Code: hhs-f-1
- Collection: Commerce and industry in Hartland, Maine
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Hartland Historical Society
PO Box 173, Hartland, ME 04943
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.