Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Since the Sugarloaf World Cup was an international event, all the major news companies were represented, including ABC who filmed the event for their "Wide World of Sports" series. A press room was set up in the basement of the Sugarloaf Base Lodge.
Sugarloaf was featured on many newscasts and newspapers around the country and world throughout the duration of the event.
About This Item
- Title: 1971 Sugarloaf World Cup press room
- Creation Date: 1971
- Subject Date: 1971
- Location: Carrabassett Valley, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 23.5 cm
- Local Code: 2012.001.0014
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Newsrooms--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Reporters--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Athletes--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.