Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
This picture of the awards ceremony for the men's giant slalom race at the 1971 Surgarloaf World Cup shows Gustavo Theoni, of Italy, accepting his first place trophy and Henri Duvillard, of France, who won a trophy for third place.
Dullivard is standing on the left side of the podium and Theoni is on the right.
1971 turned out to be a good season for Thoeni, as he won his first overall World Cup title that year. Theoni went on to win the overall title three more times. Stefano Anzi, a teammate of Gustavo's, not pictured, won the Tall Timber Clasic Downhill that week.
About This Item
- Title: Accepting trophies, 1971 Sugarloaf World Cup
- Creation Date: 1971
- Subject Date: 1971
- Local Name: Sugarloaf
- Town: Carrabassett Valley
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: 2012.001.0010
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Athletes--Italian--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Athletes--French--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.