Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On February 20, 1839 the Maine State Legislature resolved to allocate monies and use force to protect lands considered to be part of Maine from the lumbering incursions of Canadians. This action included sending troops to the border between Maine and New Brunswick and is now called the Aroostook War of 1839.
About This Item
- Title: Resolution for the protection of public lands
- Creator: Maine State Legislature
- Creation Date: 1839-02-20
- Subject Date: 1839-02-20
- Town: Augusta
- County: Aroostook, Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 8, Box 1/6
- Collection: Isaac Hodsdon papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.