Contributed by Maine Historical Society
An election was held in 1816 in the District of Maine to see if the population would like to create a separate state - Maine. This manuscript is the record of Somerset County's town results.
About This Item
- Title: Somerset County voting record, 1816
- Creation Date: 1816
- Subject Date: 1816
- Town: Anson, Athens, Avon, Bloomfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 406, Box 1/7
- Collection: Brunswick Convention of 1816 records
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Elections statistics
- Maine--Politics and government--1775-1865--Manuscripts
- Massachusetts--Politics and government--1775-1865--Manuscripts
- Somerset County (Me.)--Election records
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.