Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This late 18th century document describes herbal prescriptions to relieve complaints of "Gravel" and "Stone." One of these calls for horsemint and red onions.
About This Item
- Title: Medical recipe, ca. 1790
- Creation Date: circa 1790
- Subject Date: circa 1790
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. S-659, Box 25/23
- Collection: Medical remedies
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Medicinal plants--Therapeutic use--18th century--Manuscripts
- Medicine--Formulae, receipts, prescriptions--18th century--Manuscripts
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.